In view of urgent need of Information Assistant in District Emergency Operation Centre (DEOC),
South Salmara Mankachar District, District Disaster Management Authority (DDMA), South Salmara
Mankachar invites application for the following posts on purely temporary basis. For filing up of the
said post intending candidates may attend a walk-in-interview on 10/11/2020 al 10: AM the below
mentioned date/ time and venue.
The Applicant may also apply in A4 size paper with Bio-data and other testimonials through the
firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 10/11/2020 or may appear in the walk-in-interview directly.
Name of the Post: Information Assistant
Total Post: 01
Salary: 9000/- p.m. (Fixed)
Place of Posting DEOC, DDMA: South Salmara Mankachar District
Age Limit (As on 01.01.2020): Minimum 21 years and not above 38 years.
Educational Qualification: 10+2
Date, Time & Venue for Interview: Conference hall, Q/o Deputy Commissioner, South Salmara Mankachar on 10.11.2020 at 10:00 AM
- Preferably Graduate or equivalent degrees diploma from a recognized University or Educational
Institution of Assam or HSSLC/ 10 + 2 with 2-5 years’ experience of working.
- At least six months Certificate’ Diploma course in Computer Application or Proven skills in Computer Application (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Internet Surfing etc.) in the form of work experience.
- Preference wilt be given to the candidates who have 2 years’ experienced in the relevant field.
- Fluency in spoken and written in Assamese, along with English & Hindi.
- Age of the applicant should not be below 21 years and not above 38 years as on 01.01.2020.
- The candidate should appear in the interview on the given date/ venue/ time and bring their CVs along with their original documents and 01 (one) set of self-attested photocopies of the documents.
- No TA/ DA will be admissible for the candidates appearing in the interview.
Duties and responsibilities:-
- DEOC functions 24 X 7 and no on-duty information Assistant will leave DEOC after his/ her duty
hour, without handing over duty to Information Assistant/ personnel of the next shift. On duty
Information Assistant should brief/ summarise the activities of the past shift to next shift personnel
before handing over his/her duty.
- Information Assistant will ensure that all equipment’s in DEOCs are functioning and if repairs are required, if has to be brought to the notice of in-charge (IC), DEOC/ DPO immediately.
- Information Assistant will collect Telephone Bills and give the same to the IC for necessary payments every month to avoid disconnection of the same.
- Any information received from Revenue Circle/ Police Control Room’ News Channel or any other sources Is to be noted down in Logbook/ Register in DEOC and update the DEOC (I/C).
- The Information will need to be verified or crosschecked with SOO (Civil)/ RCO’ DPO, DOMA/ Field Officer, DDMA/ Police Control Room Police Station Fire & Emergency Service Station of concerned area.
- After verification by the above mentioned authorities information will be disseminated to the designated contacts through SMS/ Phone. Detail report once received will be disseminated through E-mail alter approval of IC.
- Concerned contact details available in DEOC will need to be update periodically by the Information Assistants every month or as when necessary.
- Verified Information will be disseminated to concerned Agencies i.e. Fire incident to Fire Services, Accident to 108/ Medical, law & order situation to Police Control roam with the help of APRO personnel when necessary (through WT Msg.) or other means of communication.
- Reports on Rainfall and water levels in every 24 hours will be collected from designated stations of Water Recourse Deptt. / CWC/ IMD/ Agriculture deptt. Etc. by the Information Assistants (deployed in the morning shift) at 10 AM every day during the flood season.
- Information Assistant deployed in the Morning shift (6 AM to 2 PM) will call CO of all Revenue Circles / Field Officers, ODMAs for flood report of the last 24 hours, every day between 8-10 AM during flood season. They will also ensure the timely preparation of the daily report submission of the same to SEOC by 2 PM every day.
- Report collected from the Revenue Circles will be compiled in prescribed formats by 12 Noon positively during flood season & Reports signed by DC/ ADC cum CEO, COMA/ IC will be sent to SEOC through email/ fax latest by 2 PM every day.
- FLEWS (Flood Early Warning System) information & any other information received from SEOC/ NESAC will be disseminated to concerned Revenue Circle Officer/ Field Officers immediately after approval of the IC by the information Assistant on duty during flood season.
- Reports on any other incident like earthquake, etc. will have to be collected from IMD/ USGS report and disseminated to all concerned officials after approval of the IC.
Advertisement Details: Click Here