Applications are invited from student studying in Class- X for State Level (Stage-I ) of National Talent Search (NTS) Examination for the year 2019-20 sponsored by National Council of Educational Research & Training (NCERT), New Delhi.
About 2000 scholarships are awarded for different stages of education as follows.
- Class XI to XII – Rs.1,250/- per month.
- UG/ PG – Rs.2,000/- per month.
- The Scholarship for Ph.D is fixed in accordance with the UGC norms.
- Assam State quota is 202.
- SC – 15% of Scholarship will be reserved.
- ST – 7.5% of Scholarship will be reserved.
- OBC – 27% of Scholarship will be reserved.
- EWS – 10% of Scholarship will be reserved.
- PH – 4% of Scholarship will be reserved.
- OBC (Non-Creamy Layer ) – 27% of Scholarship will be reserved.
- Students of Class-X studying under Government Schools, Local Body, Govt. Aided, Private Schools are eligible to appear in the examination.
- A written examination will be held on 13.12.2020 for the selection of candidates.
- There will be two papers as follows
Paper-I – Mental Ability Test (MAT): 100 marks,
Paper-II – Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT): 100 marks.
- This is an OMR based examination. Each question will carry 1 mark each in both the papers.
The selection test will carry no negative marking system.
- There will be two stages of the selection process for the award of this scholarship.
- Stage-I (State Level) – This selection will be done by State /UTs,
- Stage-II (National Level) – Those who qualify Stage-I will be eligible to appear in the examination.
- State level qualifying marks for candidates from the General category is 40% in each paper and for [FROM – 25.10.2020]candidates from SC, ST, PH is 32% in each paper.
- Application Starting Date – 25.10.2020
- Application Last Date – 25.11.2020
- Issued of Admit Cards – 01.12.2020
- Examination Date – 13.12.2020
How to apply:
- A student needs to apply online to appear in the NTS, Examination through the `Bidyarthi’ Android App available on Google Play Store or through the official website https://ncert.nic.in.
- Rs. 250/- for General & OBC Category.
- Rs. 225/- for SC/ST Category.
- Rs. 220/- for Differently Abled students.
Official Notification: Click Here
Apply Online: [EFFECTIVE FROM – 25.10.2020]
Official Website: Click Here